50-something Redhead discovering Seattle with my trusty 12 year hound Cocoa and sibling tiger kitties.
I have opinions, brain deficits, MBA, quick wit, and loads of life experience. Love cooking, travel, bright people, and beauty.
As an American Citizen, I have watched with joy as Rep. Gaby Giffords has fought so bravely against miraculous odds to recover from the gunshot wound in her brain. As a brain injured individual, I have held back from commenting, in terms of what can be expected, since it seems far too soon to have expectations. One of the key elements in success in coming back from brain injury is emotional support from family and friends. Another is getting immediate, high quality treatment. Clearly, Giffords is batting 1000 in terms of beating the odds. If wishes were kisses, everyone who encountered traumatic brain injury would have similar support and treatment. God Bless, Congresswoman, Giffords...may you recover soon.
As an American Citizen, I have watched with joy as Rep. Gaby Giffords has fought so bravely against miraculous odds to recover from the gunshot wound in her brain. As a brain injured individual, I have held back from commenting, in terms of what can be expected, since it seems far too soon to have expectations.
ReplyDeleteOne of the key elements in success in coming back from brain injury is emotional support from family and friends. Another is getting immediate, high quality treatment. Clearly, Giffords is batting 1000 in terms of beating the odds.
If wishes were kisses, everyone who encountered traumatic brain injury would have similar support and treatment.
God Bless, Congresswoman, Giffords...may you recover soon.